Sunday, March 8, 2015

Turkey Burger Success!

I was very happy how this meal came out to be! I had saw a recipe that was called Roasted Garlic Turkey Burgers on an app called Relish Recipe Dish. The turkeys burgers consisted of roasted garlic, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, 2 stems of thyme, half an egg, and also a layer of cheese to place on top.

It took about a little over an hour to cook. The time to roast the garlic took the longest. I cut the top of the garlic head off and drizzled olive oil over the top of it. Then I placed it into aluminum foil, closed it up, and then let it cook in the oven for over forty minutes until it was golden brown. The garlic cloves are supposed to have a squishy texture, and added so much delicious flavor to it. All of the ingredients got mixed in with the turkey meat, and then rolled into patties.



Then while the burgers were cooking, I decided to add a side of french fries. I simply used a bag of frozen french fries, but I had to do more than that. I got a plastic bag, put some extra virgin olive oil in, tossed the fries into the bag, closed the back, and shook the bag until the oil was spread over the fries. Than I added salt, pepper, and paprika into the bag and shook it again. I dumped the fries onto the cooking pan and placed it into the oven. It tasted pretty good, all of the seasonings made the fries taste fresher and not have a frozen french fry taste.

The burgers came out really tasty. The turkey patty temperature would be 160 degrees, or around there. The squish of the roasted garlic, made the burgers have a nice texture and a burst of flavor. The thyme and sauces also added a sweet flavor. Then I placed the burgers onto an amazing ciabatta bread. It's a nice Italian white bread and tastes so good.


I was very proud of my burgers! The only thing I would change was only adding one slice of cheese on top, because the double slice made it too cheesy. And the fries could have been fresher, but it was really excellent! My mother tried it and she said she liked it very much too! So, I am very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment