Friday, March 27, 2015

A Fabulous Chicken Parm!

I wanted to make a new dish, something that could potentially be more complicated. Although, it was pretty simply at the end. This dish is great for the family and tastes so good! The ingredients are simple along with the dish itself, and the flavors would fill your mouth with joy!

The first step to complete for the chicken parmesan is the sauce. It's a basic tomato sauce, but there are different ingredients than for a usual tomato sauce. I chopped up a yellow onion and some garlic. I placed the onion into an oil filled pan and seared it until the pieces were golden brown. Then I tossed the garlic in. I cooked that for about two minutes and then sprinkled over the red pepper flakes into the pan too. I added a can of tomato sauce after, being careful, so it wouldn't explode everywhere. I added in some balsamic vinegar, about a tablespoon, and then stirred for a minute. I covered up the pan and let it cook for about ten minutes. Then, once cooked, I scattered the basil leaves on top of the sauce and stirred it into the sauce.

The next part was the chicken! I set up a system for breading the chicken. I put the flour, bread crumbs, and eggs into separate dishes. I seasoned them each with salt and pepper. I then used a meat tenderizer and flattened the chickens out, so they would cook equally through. I patted each meat into flour, then into the egg, making sure all of the excess egg is off and then rub it in the breadcrumbs. After that, spread some oil onto a pan and seared the chickens. When the breadcrumbs were cooked to a golden brown, I put them into a baking dish with the sauce and tossed some slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on it. I made sure to sprinkle some pepper over the cheese. I had preheated the oven before to 350 and then waited about 10-15 for everything to cook. I was very pleased!


The cheese made it look a little messy, and maybe I do need to work on my plating!

 
This picture is better. I tried  really hard with the plating; I think I did an alright job.
 
So, my next step! My mentor for cooking is obviously a chef, but I want to contact him and maybe even get to visit where he works. It would be amazing if he could at all give me some tips to cook and maybe even let me see a professional kitchen. I would love to see an actual chef's kitchen. I may die! 
 
I've also been wanting to cook something that would push me out of my comfort zone. Right now I am not sure what I want to do, but I will be finding out soon. This weekend is a busy weekend, but my mother said I could cook something for Easter. I would love to show my family how good of a cook I really am!

No comments:

Post a Comment