Friday, April 24, 2015

Quick and Healthy Desert

When I say that this desert is healthy, I am comparing it to all of the other deserts that are really fattening. It isn't that fattening, since it only consists of two basic ingredients.
  1. Bananas
  2. Milk
I was in the mood for something sweet, but I didn't want to eat something that would consist of a lot of calories. I had seen from a website that this lady had mashed up some bananas and created it into a tasty desert. So I decided to try that.

I got one full banana and peeled it. Then I sliced the banana up into parts and placed them into a Ziploc sealed bag. I tossed the bag into the freezer and came back to the kitchen two hours later. At that time, the bananas should have been frozen enough to make into a tasty treat. There could be multiple ways to take the next step. There was a possibilty of putting the bananas into the blender, or using one of those electrical whisks to mix it up. I couldn't find my blender, so I used the whisk.

I emptied the bananas into the bowl and mixed them up in the bowl. It took a while to mix the bananas into a paste like mixture. I added about a tablespoon of milk into it to make it easier to blend. I poured the mixture into a small bowl and then put it into the freezer for a bit longer. I would suggest to put it in longer than two hours before hand, especially since my freezer isn't good.

Once I waited another 30 minutes, it was done. I squeezed some whip cream onto the top of it and sprinkled some cinnamon over the cream. There are other things that could be put on top, like syrup or nuts.





No comments:

Post a Comment